Walker Cole International is seeking a Head of Patient Safety & Pharmacovigilance (PV) to join a UK Based Healthcare provider to the NHS.
The Head of Patient Safety and Pharmacovigilance will be responsible for delivering an integrated Patient Safety and Pharmacovigilance Strategy that aligns with regulatory guidelines and commercial objectives for the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute a business plan resulting in the provision of Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Patient Safety services that ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines including ISO 9001.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvements and best practices in patient safety across the business as part of a Patient Safety Strategy.
- Optimize team performance by providing coaching and clear objectives to the department, as well as assessing future resourcing requirements to meet current and future needs.
- Proactively manage relationships with regulatory bodies and support NHS client relationship management, as well as lead PV interactions on behalf of the business.
You will bring the following:
- Extensive experience in Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety services, specifically in a clinical or hospital environment.
- Leadership and management skills involving large teams of direct and indirect reports.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance within a healthcare environment, preferabbly working with ISO9001 and Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques including root cause analysis and CAPA implementation.
Pharmacovigilance | PV | CAPA | Corrective & Preventive Action | Root Cause Analysis | CQC | Care Quality Commission | Patient Safety | ISO9001 | Clinical Governance | NHS | Quality Management System | QMS